Tuesday, November 9, 2010

US-886722


Yesterday I received this postcard. It is from the USA, but shows Montreal. Craig, who sent it to me, wrote, that he saw in my profile that my favourite singer is a singer from Quebec, and decided to send me such view of Montreal. It was quite a surprise! :)

So, it is St-Joseph Oratory and downtown of Montreal. It is a Roman Catholic basilica on the west slope of Mount Royal in Montreal, Quebec, Canada. It was built in 1904 by St Andre Bessette as a small church, which grew with time into such a big building. The Oratory's dome is the third-largest of its kind in the world after the Basilica of Our Lady of Peace of Yamoussoukro in the Ivory Coast and Saint Peter's Basilica in Rome, and the church is the largest in Canada.

In 2005, the Oratory was added to the List of National Historic Sites of Canada on the occasion of its 100th anniversary.

And what is interesting - it is the second stamp with Mother Teresa, that I received lately, from different countries.It was her 100th birthday in 2010.
And two other stamps - an American clock, and Scouting.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...