Friday, October 8, 2010

Start


Ten days ago I read in one of my friends' blogs about Postcrossing, and decided to participate as well. I got 5 addresses - China, the USA, Croatia, Germany and Russia, and next evening all five postcards were sent. For a start I chose nice views of Kiev. And yesterday the first one arrived to Croatia. I liked it most, and here it is.
It shows Kiev in the evening. The grey building to the left is the Administration of the President of Ukraine, but I'd like to tel few words about the building to the right. It is called the House with Chimeras, built in the beginning of 20th century by an architect Gorodetsky. He liked hunting a lot, so there you could see real and fantastic creatures. There are frogs, giraffes and hippos, together with mermaids.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...